The main objective the Bachelor of Science in Economics course is to provide students with the basic knowledge for a deeper understanding and analysis of social and economic problems in industries, public sector and other organizations.
Specifically, the course aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To increase literacy on how economic systems produce, distribute and allocate scarce resources,
- To develop understanding of contemporary national and international economic events,
- To develop competencies in analyzing economic problems, especially those related to employment, poverty, housing and gender issues,
- To broaden students’ knowledge of economics in areas related to their career opportunities and social interests,
- To understand the theoretical and analytical tools necessary for economic analysis,
- To prepare students for advanced research and studies.